Guesthouse KYOTO COMPASS - Hostel
Make yourself at home in one of the 10 air-conditioned guestrooms. Prepare your meals in the shared/communal kitchen. Complimentary wireless Internet access is available to keep you connected. Bathrooms feature shower/tub combinations, complimentary toiletries, and hair dryers.
Take in the views from a garden and make use of amenities such as complimentary wireless Internet access and concierge services.
- Concierge services
- Laundry facilities
- Free breakfast
- Front desk (limited hours)
- Smoke-free property
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Free WiFi
- Luggage storage
- Shared microwave
- Shared refrigerator
- Handrails in stairways
- Wheelchair accessible – no
- Well-lit path to entrance
The front desk is open daily from 7:30 AM - 9 PM. This property doesn't offer after-hours check-in. Front desk staff will greet guests on arrival. For more details, please contact the property using the information on the booking confirmation.
- Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
- Government-issued photo identification and a credit card, debit card, or cash deposit may be required at check-in for incidental charges
- Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges; special requests cannot be guaranteed
- No onsite parking is available
- This property accepts credit cards, debit cards, and cash
- Safety features at this property include a fire extinguisher, a smoke detector, and a first aid kit
- Please note that cultural norms and guest policies may differ by country and by property; the policies listed are provided by the property
- Guests traveling with a service animal must contact the property prior to arrival.
A complimentary continental breakfast is served daily from 7:30 AM to 10 AM.
Featured amenities include luggage storage, laundry facilities, and microwave in a common area.
Distances are displayed to the nearest 0.1 mile and kilometer.
Kyoto Railway Museum - 1 km / 0.6 mi
Kyoto Aquarium - 1.3 km / 0.8 mi
Umekoji Park - 1.5 km / 1 mi
Aeon Mall Kyoto - 1.7 km / 1 mi
Nishihonganji Temple - 1.7 km / 1.1 mi
Costume Museum - 2.2 km / 1.4 mi
Shijo Omiya - 2.3 km / 1.4 mi
Toji Temple - 2.5 km / 1.5 mi
Nishikyogoku Athletic Stadium - 2.5 km / 1.5 mi
Higashi Honganji Temple - 2.6 km / 1.6 mi
Kyoto Tower - 2.6 km / 1.6 mi
Sanjo - 2.7 km / 1.7 mi
Kyoto TERRSA - 3.3 km / 2 mi
Nijō Castle - 3.4 km / 2.1 mi
Katsura Imperial Villa - 3.5 km / 2.1 mi
The nearest major airport is Itami Airport (ITM) - 48.4 km / 30.1 mi
- Children 3 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding.
- The Japanese Ministry of Health, Labour, and Welfare requires all international visitors to submit their passport number and nationality when registering at any lodging facility (inns, hotels, motels, etc. ). Additionally, lodging proprietors are required to photocopy passports for all registering guests and keep the photocopy on file.
- This property advises that enhanced cleaning and guest safety measures are currently in place.
- Disinfectant is used to clean the property; commonly-touched surfaces are cleaned with disinfectant between stays; bed sheets and towels are laundered at a temperature of at least 60°C/140°F.
- Personal protective equipment, including masks and gloves, will be available to guests.
- Social distancing measures are in place; staff at the property wear personal protective equipment; a shield is in place between staff and guests in main contact areas; periodic temperature checks are conducted on staff; temperature checks are available to guests; guests are provided with hand sanitizer; cashless payment methods are available for all transactions; masks are required in public areas.
- This property affirms that it follows the cleaning and disinfection practices of Coronavirus Guidelines (Japan).
- This property affirms that it adheres to the cleaning and disinfection practices of Safe Travels (WTTC - Global).
- No rollaway/extra beds available
- No cribs (infant beds) available
- No elevators
- Property is cleaned with disinfectant
- Staff wears personal protective equipment
- Protective clothing is available to guests
- Masks are available to guests
- Gloves are available to guests
- Shield between guests and staff in main contact areas
- Guests are provided with free hand sanitizer
- Social distancing measures are in place
- Property follows regional sanitization guidelines Coronavirus Guidelines (Japan)
- Property confirms they are implementing enhanced cleaning measures
- Gap period enforced between guest stays 24 hours
- Staff temperature checks are conducted regularly
- Temperature checks are available to guests
- Bed sheets and towels are washed at a temperature of at least 60°C/140°F
- Commonly-touched surfaces are cleaned with disinfectant
- Property confirms they are implementing guest safety measures
- Property follows sanitization practices of Safe Travels (WTTC - Global)
- Cashless transactions are available
- Masks are compulsory at the property
- Property does not offer onsite COVID-19 testing
- Property does not require health documentation at check-in
- Pets not allowed
- Only service animals are allowed
- Service animals exempt from fees/restrictions
You'll be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- A city tax may be collected at the property, effective October 1, 2018. The city tax ranges from JPY 200-1,000 per person, per night based on the nightly room rate. Please note that further exemptions may apply. For more details, please contact the property using the information on the reservation confirmation received after booking.